queue  45
support
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: [UPDATE] Version 1.1.0 now available.

  1. #1
    Lead Support Ante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    16,930

    [UPDATE] Version 1.1.0 now available.

    Version 1.1.0 is now available on themeforest, please redownload the theme and update your install if you still have an older version.

    This new version contains compatibility fixes for WordPress 3.9

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2
    Hi i dont know how to update the theme. The instructions on envato says redownload and reupload the theme on wordpress but wordpress wont let me overwrite the theme.
    Plus on the Apperance / Theme options / Auto update theres a field to insert my envato user and api key. I have entered but no auto update have been generated.

  3. #3
    Lead Support Ante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    16,930
    Hi there, please check this thread: http://support.pixelentity.com/threa...-Themes-Update

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ante View Post
    Hi there, please check this thread: http://support.pixelentity.com/threa...-Themes-Update
    Thanks for the info, you can freely delete my post to keep the thead clean. Thanks!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5
    Hi, I just updated the framework folder (I updated the entire theme until I saw that I lost a lot of previous customizations by another designer, so I reinstalled the old theme version, and deleted framework, reinstalled the new framework) and now NONE of my pages are showing under the first page (portfolio, about us, contact). fivethirteencreative.com -- there should be several sections below that scroll down but it just...stops. Thank you.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5
    Also, my rotating "we are...." no longer works (it used to have several "we are" quotes). It is just stuck on "storytellers".

  7. #7
    Lead Support Ante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    16,930
    Hello,

    unfortunately there is no alternative way, you have to update all the files. All customizations should be done through child themes.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ante View Post
    Hello,

    unfortunately there is no alternative way, you have to update all the files. All customizations should be done through child themes.
    So, this statement in the updated support thread is no longer accurate?

    1.) I have modified theme files directly

    Updating the theme will overwrite your changes and customizations will be lost (note that this does not affect your content/theme options etc, those are safe).

    In order to avoid that, you will want to only update the framework folder of your theme with the one provided in the updated theme package (here we assume modifications were not done in the framework folder itself, which is a very rare case). This can be done using a FTP client to access the server you are hosting your theme on.

    Note: before doing anything, create a backup of your theme folder

    How to update your themes/plugins using FTP: http://newtricks.me/uploading-wordpr...ith-filezilla/

    Once you are in your wp-content/themes directory, open the folder of the theme you are updating and find there a 'framework' folder, that's the folder you will be replacing. First, select and delete that folder from your server using FTP.
    Once deleted, extract the 'framework' folder from the zip of the theme you freshly downloaded form ThemeForest, and then upload it in place of the old folder. Once completed, check your WordPress dashboard (admin) and make sure everything works and looks good.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5
    SOOOOOOO


    I deleted the old Framework folder.

    Inserted thew new Framework folder.

    Made the gallery additions I needed to make.

    Deleted the new Framework folder.

    Reinserted the old Framework folder.

    BAM! It worked.


    Quote Originally Posted by flowerdust View Post
    So, this statement in the updated support thread is no longer accurate?

    1.) I have modified theme files directly

    Updating the theme will overwrite your changes and customizations will be lost (note that this does not affect your content/theme options etc, those are safe).

    In order to avoid that, you will want to only update the framework folder of your theme with the one provided in the updated theme package (here we assume modifications were not done in the framework folder itself, which is a very rare case). This can be done using a FTP client to access the server you are hosting your theme on.

    Note: before doing anything, create a backup of your theme folder

    How to update your themes/plugins using FTP: http://newtricks.me/uploading-wordpr...ith-filezilla/

    Once you are in your wp-content/themes directory, open the folder of the theme you are updating and find there a 'framework' folder, that's the folder you will be replacing. First, select and delete that folder from your server using FTP.
    Once deleted, extract the 'framework' folder from the zip of the theme you freshly downloaded form ThemeForest, and then upload it in place of the old folder. Once completed, check your WordPress dashboard (admin) and make sure everything works and looks good.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2
    I just bought Half Creative a few weeks ago:

    Purchase Date: 2015-12-24 07:00:18 UTC

    Now wanting to look at it and install the theme, it isn't downloadable on themeforest. I paid for it and want to install it please?

    Since just recently bought it, I want to receive the latest copy.

    Thank you very much
    Last edited by insanityNL; 02-04-2016 at 22:07. Reason: spelling