queue  40
support

Thread: New Version of Rework Theme [SOLVED]

New Version of Rework Theme [SOLVED]

Hi there Ante,

Hope you're well.

Ante, I'm working on another website using your theme, and there are a few things I need to ask you.

I need to download the latest version of your theme, but when I first needed it it wasn't available so you suggested I use the copy I had already. I've done that, using the same child theme that I modified for the first site and now I'm nervous that some things are going to change if I override the first set of files with the new ones. Could you please suggest a way that I can do this seamlessly? You know by now, I'm sure, that I'm not the most technically-minded person. :P

Thank you,
    CheyeneX

Hi there,

from your writing I could not understand you correctly, you now have two wp installations bot running on Rework theme, and both using child themes (original theme files are intact), correct?

Hi there Ante,

Apologies if my question was unclear.

I don't think that I made any changes to the original theme files. As far as I can remember all the changes were made to the child theme. I guess I'm just going to have to keep a copy of what's running on the server now, and take the plunge by uploading the new ones. If the worst comes to the worst I'll just revert to the ones I'm using now. I guess I was just nervous of any change when it's working well now.

Yes, that is the best way to do it, always create a backup