queue  46
support
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to add a new front page ? [SOLVED]

Hybrid View

How to add a new front page ? [SOLVED]

I went thru all the topics however I couldn't see any about how to add a front page.

Is it possible to add a blank/black introduction cover page with my name on it , and I can have a link to enter the actual site ?

I didn't like to have my logo on the site on every page. I would like to remove that completely and have my name and logo in only introduction page.. I hope it's possible.

Thank you in advance.

I really appreciate if anyone would at least tell me if this is possible or not...

Hi there,

you can set the front page to be a static page under Settings - Reading, that way you can have intro page, and hide logo with javascript when user navigates to some other page.

If you find that solution to be ok, let me know and I'll give you the code for hiding a logo.

I did go to reading and add a home page that I can upload my logo with a link. Thank you However I need to find out how to have a complete blank ( no galeries, or any of the menu shown ), just black page with a white name logo on it. With just adding a page I can still see the menu's , footer's etc. I want to see nothing but my logo.

I would be glad if you could answer my questions.

- I uploaded my logo but it was almost out of the frame. What do i need to do to have it centered.

- If I can have my logo.png centered , is there any way that I can also add completely black page and have my logo on top of it with a link for my actual page ? And what size that black image has to be ?

and that would be great if you can give me the code for hiding the logo when the user navigates to some other pages.

Thank you for helping me out.. I have a lot to learn ..

Hey, what you are looking for can't be achieved by default.

What would be my suggestion is to install WordPress in some other directory and in the main directiory you have a landing page (could be pure html) with the layout you desire (logo in the middle, completely black).

Then you can just deploy simple css to hide the logo on the actual WordPress site and it will work fast and simple.

i was actually able to set up a intro page with my name logo on it upon entering the site.. Only problem is that, I can see texture from the background image of theme.. I just need to find a way to have my logo on a black full page that will also cover the menu bar, gallery links, footer etc.

If it's not going to be possible , i will try to make it as your suggestion.

And how will your visitor enter the actual page?

Quote Originally Posted by Ante View Post
    And how will your visitor enter the actual page?
    When I add the new intro page and upload my logo as a png image, there is an option to give a link to the image. I was thinking of using that linking it to one of the first galleries or maybe to a link that where my actual web site lands right now without the intro page. wouldn't be possible ?

Also I am fine keeping the galleries , menu item, footers etc. as long as I can have a black background.. Right now u can easily triangles texture in the background.

Alright, could you give me the link to your working website? If it's private, you can send it via Contact Us link in the footer.

it is goksunphotography.com

I actually tried to adjust the position of my name logo in the middle of the screen..I thought I managed to make it work...then I just realized when I checked my website from my gf's computer that name logo is the on the bottom on her screen, and can be scrolled horizontal and vertical...I guess it only looked okay in my external screen size. How can I make it adaptive for different screen size and make sure that it's going to be always in the middle?

also

I used to have bio and contact menu tabs right next to the galleries and somehow they disappeared. Even tho they are checked to to be shown in theme options, they are replaced with the tab named with " back to home" which I have no idea where it came from. Why can't I see them here and where is this " -back to home" tab coming from ?

thank you Ante