queue  45
support
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Estro Update (both jquery and wordpress version)

Estro Update (both jquery and wordpress version)

Youtube folks recently did some changes on their iframe api which (again) resulted in code breakage of existing application, the following update fixes the issue (audio only, no video or player shown), just replace the existing file in your installation.

Regards
    Pixelentity team
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My cave is full of servers

Thanks Team it works fine now. Appreciate it.

would you happen to know how to update this file through wordpress?

we'll be releasing full plugin update this week on Codecanyon, to fix asap, just replace the same file in estro plugin folder on your wordpress installation.
    The simpler method would be to access your site via ftp and overwrite the file.

Edit: alternatively, you can uncompress the plugin.zip included in the package downloaded from Codecanyon, unzip it, replace the original file with this one, compress again and install via usual wordpress method.

Hi There,

Im having issues with the youtube links. I've replaced the js file with the link above. Here is what's happening.....

- If I try to use the "share" code that youtube spits out eg:http://youtu.be/zxechIyaWaE it will not work
    - If I try to use the url , it overrides the img and go straight to the player...If you try to click on the player it says that it has restrictions and can only be viewed on the youtube site

you can see what I mean here in the 2nd and 3rd slides
    thanks!

Greg

youtu.be link format is not recognized, while slide 3 (www.youtube.com link) is working as expected here.

Fabio, could you tell me what changes have you done to the estro plugin to allow YouTube videos work? Because I have my plugin modified to fit my needs, and I prefer not to replace my js file for yours, cos I don't want to loose all my changes..

Quote Originally Posted by elboletaire View Post
    Fabio, could you tell me what changes have you done to the estro plugin to allow YouTube videos work? Because I have my plugin modified to fit my needs, and I prefer not to replace my js file for yours, cos I don't want to loose all my changes..
    sure, the only change needed is in js/pe.kenburns/src/jquery.pixelentity.video.js file
    PHP Code:
    function youtubePlayerReady(ytplayer) {
                            var 
    div=$("<div/>");

target.append(div);

player = new ytplayer(div[0], {

Thank you fabio, now it works like a charm

To not open a new thread I report you a little bug I've found on the estro plugin. Nothing important because the slider still works when it crashes, but if you add an "if", it will fix it.

The error is on the Video plugin, method ytStateChange(). As I can see, when the YouTube video loads, this method is inside a loop to save the video status (playing or ended), but the loop begins before the youtube api is loaded, so the console gives you this error:

player.getPlayerState is not a function
    [Break On This Error]

switch (player.getPlayerState()) {
    My fix..

PHP Code:
            function ytStateChange() {
                if (!
    player) {return;}

if (
    player.getPlayerState) {
                    switch(...... 

Quote Originally Posted by elboletaire View Post
    Thank you fabio, now it works like a charm
    The error is on the Video plugin, method ytStateChange()
    thanks man, i totally forgot about that change because it was introduced in a previous commit:

PHP Code:
    function ytStateChange() {
                            if (!
    player) {return;}
                            if (
    player.getPlayerState) { 
    funny thing, exact same code except a new line.
    kudos to you, it takes some serious skills to dig into other people code and fix bugs