queue  12
support

Thread: I somehow broke the Main Menu

I somehow broke the Main Menu

Hi Support,

Having trouble with the Main menu. I can’t switch to a new custom menu I made for myself.

Its very odd, I can swap to one of the demo menu’s, but when I try to switch to mine, the dashboard will say that “Bens Menu” is active but the page seems to be ignoring me.

I installed this theme a VERY long time ago and after a year or so of procrastination and finally getting it launched. However, I did deactivate/delete/and reinstall from .ZIP the 1/17 version.

Here are my login details if you need them

** Hidden Content: You don't have sufficient privileges to see this hidden data **

Hi, I just saved the menu again and saved the page (front page) again and it works now. This can happen after you install the theme and upload demo content.

Confirmed: This works. Note for future users: the menu function started acting weird again when I did not have a side menu selected, when this was at default, it ignored my menu choice for the MAIN menu and made its own decisions.

I also trouble shot an issue in this by deleting some extra menus from the demo content, seemed to make everything happier.

One followup question related to breaking this menu: is there a way to turn off the side menu? My site is very simple and doesn't really need it, so it feels redundant.