queue  6
support

Thread: Contact Form Stopped Working

Contact Form Stopped Working

Hey guys,

unfortunately the contact form on my website: http://www.metternich-co.de/ stopped working. The theme is fully updated and I tried to install an SMTP plugin you recommended in another post about this problem.

Nothing worked so far. I need help urgently!

Hi, What do you mean exactly that it stopped working? It was working before but is no longer working? If so, then what changes in the meantime? (new plugin install, new updates, etc)
    Also do you just not receive the mail? Do you get a success or error message on the theme front end? Will nee more details.

It gives you an error message "ERROR Please check your input fields". There's nothing wrong with any of my inputs and it doesn't work for other customers either. The contact form stopped working after an update to the latest Wordpress but everything else works just like always.

Visia Version: 1.3.3 (latest)
    Wordpress: 4.9.1 (latest)

Could you log into my site and fix the issue from the inside please?

Hi, I can see that the theme gets a response from the server that there was a problem, so at lead the front end is working as it should. The problem is therefore somewhere in the back end, which means with WP itself or with your hosting(server config).

Try the following:

1. Contact your host and ask have any restrictions been placed on the mail() php function on your hosting space because your are not able to send email from your website form.

2. Check your server!s PHP log for details of this error. It will give more clues of what's wrong.

3. Try installing and configuring the SMTP plugin? It should make sending emails more reliable. For example this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

Let me know what you find out.