queue  5
support

Thread: Contact Us Form Issue

Contact Us Form Issue

We recently created a new Contact Us page and connected Gravity Forms to it. Our problem is that when a required field is not populated and the form is submitted, the page refreshes to the Home page. When they scroll back down, they see the error message that the required fields need to be filled out.

My web developer mentioned this in his troublshooting:

the console is saying "Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined". It probably means they didn't load jQuery properly

Can you help?

Hi, I can assure you that the theme loads jQuery correctly. Please share your link where I can see this issue.

Have you replaced the default form with a Gravity form? Or just linked the original form up to the gravity form back end?

Please note that if you have customized the theme and this customization is what has led to this error, then we will not be able to debug this for you, that would be the job of the person who caused the problem, ie. your customizer developer.

However I will look at the page to make sure its not something on our end.

Hi,

I'm sorry I left out the link:

https://mann-co.com

Yes. We replaced the default form with a Gravity Form.

We did not customize the theme.

Hi, You are getting these errors because your are using an inline javascript reference to jQuery within the form's markup, but jQuery only gets loaded at the bottom of the page, hence its undefined because its not yet loaded. You won't be able to use js inline like this. If you use the gravity form WP plugin then if shouldn't do this sort of thing, so I'm assuming that's a manual effort.

This problem is caused by customization of the theme i.e. replacing the built in form with a gravity form and in doing so, causing a fatal error.

Your developer should have been able to diagnose this for you in under 10secs. Perhaps you should be looking for a new one.

Thanks for the information.

Can you recommend someone that can fix this then?

Hi, If you send me the full details of the work (problem, desired outcome, and login details) via the contact us link in the forum footer, I can give you a quote for fixing this.