queue  6
support

Thread: LEARN MORE Button

LEARN MORE Button

The LEARN MORE Button at the top of my website at www.dominikrausch.com used to link to the ABOUT page below and slide down to that page when you clicked on the LEARN MORE button.

This stopped working recently and I don't know how to fix it. What can I do to make the button link to the ABOUT page again? When clicking the LEARN MORE button, I would like the page to slide down to the ABOUT page.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Hi, Please see this thread for the solution and instructions. http://support.pixelentity.com/threa...king-on-Chrome

Thank you for your fast reply. I followed the instructions from the thread you provided (I replaced both jquery.localscroll.js AND jquery.scrollto.js), but it's still not working correctly. Let me know if there is anything else I could try.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi Donagh, I wanted to follow up real quick to see if you saw my latest note? I tried everything that was suggested in the thread you posted, but it didn't work (I replaced both jquery.localscroll.js AND jquery.scrollto.js).

Is there any other way I could fix the issue?

Hi,

Sorry yes I saw it. There are two problems.

1. You are using the incorrect URL for your website. This is your real website URL: http://dominikrausch.com/ not the one you posted above (which includes the www). So you need to create a redirect in your hosting panel from the www version to the non www version.

2. Next you need to change the link on your Learn More button to "#about-me" not "#about-us" which its set to now, because there is no such section.

Scrolling works fine then.

Thank you for your prompt reply, I really appreciate it. Here are my notes to your two points:

1. The link to the actual website is set correctly (as per your description). I only used the "www" for the purpose of typing into this thread.

2. I looked around the Visia theme and could not find a way to change the link on the LEARN MORE button. Could you point me in the right direction of where I could do that?

Hi, The point is not what you've used to paste the url into this thread, the point is that that www url, will inevitably be used by some people to access your website and these people will experience errors unless you create a redirect as I described.

Its in the edit page, your home page and at the bottom in the headline button field. See our included help docs for more info on the theme's available options.

Thank you for the pointer on the URL redirect — I went into my hosting panel and completed the redirect as you described.

In terms of the LEARN MORE button, I could not find the "button field" you mentioned. Please find attached to this message screenshots of the only two "home" related pages I could find. I also included screenshots of the complete list of pages my Visia theme editor provides. Am I missing something?

Hi, You don't edit php files, that would change the theme's design (and result in unpredictable behavious), you edit the theme"s content inside the WP admin area. Main WP admin menu > Pages > Your homepage name. > scroll to bottom, you'll find the option I mention. Please read the help docs like I suggested in my previous post.

Please note that an base knowledge of WordPRess is assumed during our support. If you need more basic help on how WordPress works, there are a vast number of helpful tutorials online to help you here.

Awesome, that worked! Thank you so much. I didn't even know that "button" section existed in the homepage edit area.

Thank you again!