queue  6
support

Thread: Contact Form Not Working - "Error! Please check your message."

Contact Form Not Working - "Error! Please check your message."

Just noticed the contact form is not working on a site that I have installed Visia on. Site is www.icelandichorses.ca. Getting the error: "Error! Please check your message." I've already checked with the host, and they don't think anything has been blocked in php mail(). Is there anything else that could be preventing it from working? If the mail() function is the only culprit, what would I need to look for in cpanel to remedy?

*bump*

Hello,

apologies for the delay.

Have you tried installing and configuring the SMTP plugin? It should make sending emails more reliable. For example this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

Quote Originally Posted by Donagh View Post
    Hello,

apologies for the delay.

Have you tried installing and configuring the SMTP plugin? It should make sending emails more reliable. For example this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/
    Yes, I have installed Easy WP SMTP. I can sent a successful test email from there, but I still get an error on the page itself.

Hi, You could simply disable the error message using this CSS:

Code:
    .peThemeContactForm #contactFormError{
    display:none !important;
    }

Yes, but the form would still not work. I need the contact form to work, not simply the error to not show up. How can I fix the form so it works?

*bump* ?

Hi, Sorry I misunderstood your last post, I thought you were saying that the plugin worked fine, but for some reason the form kept showing the error message.

I've taken a look at the page and the form shows me a "yay message sent" success message. Does this normally happen? Is your form working now?

Quote Originally Posted by Donagh View Post
    Hi, Sorry I misunderstood your last post, I thought you were saying that the plugin worked fine, but for some reason the form kept showing the error message.

I've taken a look at the page and the form shows me a "yay message sent" success message. Does this normally happen? Is your form working now?
    I guess it is working now - not sure what I did to fix it - maybe it was the SMTP app - thanks!