queue  6
support
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Issues with Contact Form and Mobile Gallery

  1. #1

    Issues with Contact Form and Mobile Gallery

    Website is www.thinklittle.com

    The Contact form works but doesnt notify on safari that the message has been sent so we are getting 20 spams from multi hits. It works on mobile IOS and notifies message sent.


    The Gallery on Safari looks great but on mobile its white on white and hard to read the names. Already tried Light and Dark versions of the gallery.


    Would love to clean this up if needed. Any creative input would be appreciated.


    Thank you,

    Here is my custom css over the years.

    .pe-header-transparent.pe-header-scrolled-forced .pe-menu>li>a {
    padding-bottom: 14px;
    color: #444;
    -webkit-transition: all .2s ease-out .2s;
    -moz-transition: all .2s ease-out .2s;
    -o-transition: all .2s ease-out .2s;
    transition: all .2s ease-out .2s;
    }

    @media (min-width: 1200px) {
    .desktop .pe-header-transparent.pe-header-scrolled-forced .pe-menu>li>a:hover, .pe-header-transparent.pe-header-scrolled .pe-menu>li.active>a {
    color: #444;
    }
    .pe-parallax {
    background-position: 50% 0 !important;
    }
    .pe-active {
    text-shadow: 2px 2px #000000;
    }
    nav.pe-menu-main
    {
    margin-top: -8px;
    }


    Here is the custom JS

    /* disable splash slider on android, remove the block to enable */
    (function(ua) {
    if (ua.indexOf("android") > -1) jQuery(function($) {$(".pe-splash-section .peWrap > div:gt(0)").remove();});
    }(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase()));

    jQuery( function( $ ) {

    jQuery( function( $ ) {

    jQuery( '.carouselBox i' ).click( function() {

    var $link = jQuery( this ).closest( '.service-item' ).find( 'a' ).last();

    if ( $link.length ) {
    window.open( $link.attr( 'href' ), '_blank' );
    }

    });

    });

    });

    jQuery( function( $ ) {

    $( '.social-media a' ).attr( 'target', '_blank' );

    });

  2. #2
    Administrator Donagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,946
    Hi, I've checked your page and the form's success message displays for me on both chrome and safari in the same way. The only thing is it takes a while for your server to give a response, sometimes up to 8secs, so maybe people are clicking multiple times because they see no reaction and they except something sooner.

    About the other thing, I guess you are talking about the titles of the grid items on mobile. If so, try pasting this into the custom css field:

    Code:
    .mobile .peIsotope.portfolio .peIsotopeGrid .peIsotopeItem span.cell-title{
    background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
    }
    That'll change the title background to a transparent dark color, this should help with legibility.

  3. #3
    Alright my custom css looks like this. Its at the bottom. Does it work for you? I can't see it yet after clearing and refreshing.


    .pe-header-transparent.pe-header-scrolled-forced .pe-menu>li>a {
    padding-bottom: 14px;
    color: #444;
    -webkit-transition: all .2s ease-out .2s;
    -moz-transition: all .2s ease-out .2s;
    -o-transition: all .2s ease-out .2s;
    transition: all .2s ease-out .2s;
    }

    @media (min-width: 1200px) {
    .desktop .pe-header-transparent.pe-header-scrolled-forced .pe-menu>li>a:hover, .pe-header-transparent.pe-header-scrolled .pe-menu>li.active>a {
    color: #444;
    }
    .pe-parallax {
    background-position: 50% 0 !important;
    }
    .pe-active {
    text-shadow: 2px 2px #000000;
    }
    nav.pe-menu-main
    {
    margin-top: -8px;
    }
    .mobile .peIsotope.portfolio .peIsotopeGrid .peIsotopeItem span.cell-title{
    background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
    }

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Donagh View Post
    Hi, I've checked your page and the form's success message displays for me on both chrome and safari in the same way. The only thing is it takes a while for your server to give a response, sometimes up to 8secs, so maybe people are clicking multiple times because they see no reaction and they except something sooner.
    We are with iPage I would like some other faster server options we are ready to jump ship.

  5. #5
    Bump both issues still exist.

    The web version in the gallery of projects you can't read the names due to white font on a light back ground.

    Already tried changing to dark background but didn't effect anything. Also input the new css and still not functioning.


    The Contact form is still not notifying people of a successful submission of information.


    Thanks for your help.

  6. #6
    Administrator Donagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,946
    Hi, You have a mistake in your Custom CSS. You have an unclosed media query. You will need to add in a "}" closing curly brace before the snippet I gave you in the post above. Your unclosed media query is causing this snippet to not work.

    About your other issue, I have tested the form again and I have again successfully got the notice in safari, but like before it took a long time, in this instance 12 seconds, which is probably why people are clicking several times. So its working, but your server is very slow to give a response.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Donagh View Post
    Hi, You have a mistake in your Custom CSS. You have an unclosed media query. You will need to add in a "}" closing curly brace before the snippet I gave you in the post above. Your unclosed media query is causing this snippet to not work.

    About your other issue, I have tested the form again and I have again successfully got the notice in safari, but like before it took a long time, in this instance 12 seconds, which is probably why people are clicking several times. So its working, but your server is very slow to give a response.

    You might want to be more specific since I know very little about css. Could you edit the css i pasted to the correct one to copy and paste?

    Also Im getting clients weekly that say the client box isn't working for them. I get email spams of all the clicks on send. I have yet to see it even show a 12 sec delay confirmation that the message was sent.

    What do you suggest to fix this? If its hosting related give me a recommendation of who to use. I currently go with ipage.

  8. #8
    Administrator Donagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,946
    Please note that our support does not include debugging custom work done by third parties. If you need help with your customization of the theme you can get help from us on a freelance basis. Our support is for fixing bugs with the default theme. As a once off, I've added the missing brace below. Replace all the css you've pasted with that.


    Code:
    .pe-header-transparent.pe-header-scrolled-forced .pe-menu>li>a {
    padding-bottom: 14px;
    color: #444;
    -webkit-transition: all .2s ease-out .2s;
    -moz-transition: all .2s ease-out .2s;
    -o-transition: all .2s ease-out .2s;
    transition: all .2s ease-out .2s;
    }
    
    @media (min-width: 1200px) {
    .desktop .pe-header-transparent.pe-header-scrolled-forced .pe-menu>li>a:hover, .pe-header-transparent.pe-header-scrolled .pe-menu>li.active>a {
    color: #444;
    }
    .pe-parallax {
    background-position: 50% 0 !important;
    }
    .pe-active {
    text-shadow: 2px 2px #000000;
    }
    nav.pe-menu-main
    {
    margin-top: -8px;
    }
    }
    .mobile .peIsotope.portfolio .peIsotopeGrid .peIsotopeItem span.cell-title{
    background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
    }
    Use bluehost, ovh or similar for hosting.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Donagh View Post
    Please note that our support does not include debugging custom work done by third parties. If you need help with your customization of the theme you can get help from us on a freelance basis. Our support is for fixing bugs with the default theme. As a once off, I've added the missing brace below. Replace all the css you've pasted with that.


    Code:
    .pe-header-transparent.pe-header-scrolled-forced .pe-menu>li>a {
    padding-bottom: 14px;
    color: #444;
    -webkit-transition: all .2s ease-out .2s;
    -moz-transition: all .2s ease-out .2s;
    -o-transition: all .2s ease-out .2s;
    transition: all .2s ease-out .2s;
    }
    
    @media (min-width: 1200px) {
    .desktop .pe-header-transparent.pe-header-scrolled-forced .pe-menu>li>a:hover, .pe-header-transparent.pe-header-scrolled .pe-menu>li.active>a {
    color: #444;
    }
    .pe-parallax {
    background-position: 50% 0 !important;
    }
    .pe-active {
    text-shadow: 2px 2px #000000;
    }
    nav.pe-menu-main
    {
    margin-top: -8px;
    }
    }
    .mobile .peIsotope.portfolio .peIsotopeGrid .peIsotopeItem span.cell-title{
    background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
    }
    Use bluehost, ovh or similar for hosting.


    None of this css was done by third party all was requested threw this forum and answered by your team.

    I'll paste the new css in.


    You mentioned it took like 12 seconds for our host to respond to the submit contact info box.
    What hosting should we look into?

  10. #10
    Administrator Donagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,946
    Hi, I mentioned the hosts I would use at the last line of my previous post. "bluehost" or "ovh".