queue  6
support
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change error/success message on signup section

Change error/success message on signup section

I would like to change the message (both error and success) on the signup section.

How can I do this?

Thank you!

Daniel

Hi, In the root folder of the theme open the file called "viewmodule-signup.php"

Therein you'll see the markup for those messages eg.(I've shown example messages)

Code:
    <p class="signup-success"><i class="icon icon_check_alt2"></i><strong>SUCCESS MESSAGE HERE</strong></p>
    <p class="signup-failed"><i class="icon icon_close_alt2"></i><strong>FAIL MESSAGE HERE</strong></p>

Quote Originally Posted by Donagh View Post
    Hi, In the root folder of the theme open the file called "viewmodule-signup.php"

Therein you'll see the markup for those messages eg.(I've shown example messages)

Code:
    <p class="signup-success"><i class="icon icon_check_alt2"></i><strong>SUCCESS MESSAGE HERE</strong></p>
    <p class="signup-failed"><i class="icon icon_close_alt2"></i><strong>FAIL MESSAGE HERE</strong></p>
    Thanks for all of your help.

This is what I currently have, but it's still showing the default messages:

<p class="signup-success"><i class="icon icon_check_alt2"></i><strong>Nice! Your free eBook should be in your inbox shortly!</strong></p>
    <p class="signup-failed"><i class="icon icon_close_alt2"></i><strong>Uh oh! Looks like something went wrong. Check your e-mail address again.</strong></p>

Hi, If you are using the hero-signup, meaning this section as your splash section, then the file you are looking for is "hero-signup.php" instead. The markup is the same in there. This could be the problem. I had assumed you were using a signup section and not the splash area version.

Quote Originally Posted by Donagh View Post
    Hi, If you are using the hero-signup, meaning this section as your splash section, then the file you are looking for is "hero-signup.php" instead. The markup is the same in there. This could be the problem. I had assumed you were using a signup section and not the splash area version.
    I am using the Section, but the changes I made were not showing. It's now changed in both places and not working.

Hi, I'll need to take a look back stage (please also include your website link too)
    Post your admin login details in this thread so we can login to your WordPress installation and investigate the issue via the admin. You can post this information privately in this thread by wrapping the info inside a "Hide" tag as follows:

Simply write your information into the post body as you would normally do. Then place the opening hide tag before your info, like this:

[hide]

Then place the closing hide tag after your private info, like this:

[/hide]

All info contained inside the hide tags will only be visible to forum staff

Here is what you would type in your post:

[hide]

url:       http://yoursite.com/wp-admin
    username:  admin
    password:  yourpass

[/hide]

** Hidden Content: You don't have sufficient privileges to see this hidden data **

Hi, Donagh. Just wanted to follow up on this. Thank you!

It's been 4 days since I've provided the requested login information. May I please have an update? Thank you

Hi, I've taken a look as far as I can see the form is set up to use default messages from WordPress instead of using those entered in the PHP file (which you've edited).You can try this solution:

1. open the following file in a code editor: theme root folder > assets > js > custom.js
    2. on line #340 you will see this code:

Code:
    if ( response.success ) {

$success_msg.text( response.msg ).parent().show();

} else {

$error_msg.text( response.msg ).parent().show();

}
    Change it to this:

Code:
    if ( response.success ) {

$success_msg.parent().show();

} else {

$error_msg.parent().show();

}
    3. Save the file and place it onto the server to replace the custom js which was there.
    4. No in the theme admin go to Appearance > theme options > advanced (tab) and disable the js compression & save.

Now refresh your page. If anything goes wrong. Just re-enable js compression.
    This change should force the form to use the success and error messages within the php file.