queue  13
support

Thread: [SOLVED] Portfolio items breaking apart

Portfolio items breaking apart

I have nine portfolio items on my site. When viewed on a laptop or iPad, there should be three rows with three items in each row, right? For some reason, there is some unusual spacing between some of my portfolio items. They aren't "sticking together" for lack of a better term as they should and there is some awkward white space in-between them. Instead of three rows there are four, and two of them have large blank areas. On a phone they line up nicely one after the other with no extra spaces.

Thanks for your help resolving this issue.

Hi, I'll need to see your website. Can you share you link please?

The website is http://laughingwren.com

Hi, I think the may be a problem with your domain/server. I was getting a server not found error on your link, but managed to see the site at least by adding www, though its not your main domain.

The effect you are referring to is caused by the floats on the grid items. Its happening when some of your portfolio items have very long titles which run on to two lines, this makes the portfolio item longer then the others in its row and means that the floats then behave differently.

To solve it make sure your titles don't wrap to more then one line. At larger resolution, your portfolio images are not wide enough either. You've inserted images of width 390px but the portfolio grid width is more like 450 at larger resolutions. Just for your info.

Great, this fixed it, thank you for your help!