queue  13
support

Thread: [SOLVED] First menu item on mobile site not working

First menu item on mobile site not working

On the mobile version of my site, the first menu item (About) does not work, but the other menu items do. The About link works fine on a computer. The site is http://laughingwren.com.

Indeed that's strange. Have you installed any plugins? If so perhaps you could disable all of them and see if the problem vanishes. Something could be interfereing with the theme's js.

If this doesn't solve the issue, reply with your login info. Post your admin login details in this thread so we can login to your WordPress installation and investigate the issue via the admin. You can post this information privately in this thread by wrapping the info inside a "Hide" tag as follows:

Simply write your information into the post body as you would normally do. Then place the opening hide tag before your info, like this:

[hide]

Then place the closing hide tag after your private info, like this:

[/hide]

All info contained inside the hide tags will only be visible to forum staff

Here is what you would type in your post:

[hide]

url:       http://yoursite.com/wp-admin
    username:  admin
    password:  yourpass

[/hide]

Yes, I have several plugins. I tried deactivating them one by one but had no luck with resolving the menu issue. Log in information is below.
    ** Hidden Content: You don't have sufficient privileges to see this hidden data **

Thanks for your help!

Hi, The idea behind the deactivating plugins is to deactivate them all at once, not one by one. Only when they are all off and your theme is by itself can you tell if the problem is with the theme or is bing caused by some script interfering.

I've logged in and there's a list of plugins active. Please deactivate all of these, everything, and post here again , I'll then check back. I don't want to do this myself.

All plugins have been deactivated.

Hi, Thanks for that.

After spending ages scratching my head trying to debug the javascript, which seemed to be working fine, I've discovered what the problem is.

The section you've used for your about section is a type of "content divider" section, a spacer of sorts and is hidden on mobile. Hence the code couldn't calculate the scroll position. Past this CSS snippet into your custom css field in the theme options panel and it'll fix it.

Code:
    @media (max-width: 767px){
    .content-divider {
        display: block !important;
    }
    }

This worked perfectly. Thank you so much for your time and assistance.