queue  7
support

Thread: Site responsiveness - Surreal Theme

Site responsiveness - Surreal Theme

Hi there,
    I am having an issue with the responsiveness of my website on all devices besides Desktop where the homepage does not resize responsively; could you kindly let me know what I need to do to ensure that the homepage is responsive?

URL is: http://www.rumrubinstein.info/

Thanks!

Hi,

There is no problem with the theme's responsiveness, the problem is with your image. You see the thing about fullscreen splash area images is that they always need to full the splash area in both width and height. This means that on small screens the image will be heavily cropped (just like you are seeing). If your image was to shrink so that the full word "brilliant" was visible, then the image's height would be quite small and it would not then be a fullscreen splash background because it would not fill the screen height.

Therefore you can try to modify the aspect ratio of your image which would improve this situation on narrow screens (adding to the image's height) but you may not get an ideal fit for all screens, my advice would be to also reduce the size of the image area which must be seen (in your case the word "brilliant"). Apart from this, there's not much you can do. Fullscreen splash background are more for mood images and not for images which have "must see" content on all screens.