queue  9
support

Thread: [SOLVED] not able to view the map in the contact page

not able to view the map in the contact page

Dear all.

I purchased Brandspace theme yesterday but..
    I have some troubles with the google maps application
    I generated an API key and with the google plugin i've tried to make it recognize the map but it's still not working

here the link to my contact page
    http://www.riccardozerbinati.com/get-in-touch/

help me please

best
    riccardo

Hi, Try the following:

1. Find the following file: theme folder/framework/js/pe/jquery.pixelentity.widgets.gmap.js
    2. On line 64, you should see the gmaps API call URL into which you can place your APIKEY. Now it looks like this:
    Code:
    $.getScript("http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false&callback=jQuery.pixelentity.gmap&async=2");
    You can change it to this:
    Code:
    $.getScript("http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?key=YOUR_API_KEY&sensor=false&callback=jQuery.pixelentity.gmap&async=2");
    This is the important part: key=YOUR_API_KEY here replace YOUR_API_KEY with yours.
    3.Save the file and place it back in original location.
    4.In the advanced tab of the theme options panel, make sure to disable javascript compression, otherwise your changes won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Donagh View Post
    Hi, Try the following:

1. Find the following file: theme folder/framework/js/pe/jquery.pixelentity.widgets.gmap.js
    2. On line 64, you should see the gmaps API call URL into which you can place your APIKEY. Now it looks like this:
    Code:
    $.getScript("http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false&callback=jQuery.pixelentity.gmap&async=2");
    You can change it to this:
    Code:
    $.getScript("http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?key=YOUR_API_KEY&sensor=false&callback=jQuery.pixelentity.gmap&async=2");
    This is the important part: key=YOUR_API_KEY here replace YOUR_API_KEY with yours.
    3.Save the file and place it back in original location.
    4.In the advanced tab of the theme options panel, make sure to disable javascript compression, otherwise your changes won't work.
    how can I access to that file?
    have I to use file zilla or..
    would I be able to access from the editor?

thanks

Hi,

Unpack the theme zip on your PC, edit the file, then use filezilla to overwrite the original file on your WP install using FTP
    My cave is full of servers

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    Hi,

Unpack the theme zip on your PC, edit the file, then use filezilla to overwrite the original file on your WP install using FTP
    Hi,

I did everything but it still doesn't work

I also tried to disable apikey plugin after the file replace, disable the javascript compression..
    but nothing
    any other suggestions?

Yes disable your maps plugin. Ensure js compression is disabled, and double check that JS file on your server to make sure the changes are there. Do this by finding it on your server and downloading it. Open it in a code editor and check everything is ok. Also double check that you generated and entered your API key correctly.

EDIT - I've checked your website and its showing a "Deleted API Project Map Error" the description of which is as follows: Your API project may have been deleted from the Google API Console. Please check the project for which you generated the API key that's included in JavaScript API loader. You can create a new API project and get a new key on the Google API Console.

So while you are checking everything, make sure you have registered your API key correctly, because it looks like the error might be on that end.

Quote Originally Posted by Donagh View Post
    Yes disable your maps plugin. Ensure js compression is disabled, and double check that JS file on your server to make sure the changes are there. Do this by finding it on your server and downloading it. Open it in a code editor and check everything is ok. Also double check that you generated and entered your API key correctly.

EDIT - I've checked your website and its showing a "Deleted API Project Map Error" the description of which is as follows: Your API project may have been deleted from the Google API Console. Please check the project for which you generated the API key that's included in JavaScript API loader. You can create a new API project and get a new key on the Google API Console.

So while you are checking everything, make sure you have registered your API key correctly, because it looks like the error might be on that end.
    did it!!!!!
    thank youuuuu!!!
    (last time i changed js string with notepad... probably that was the problem; now I used a code editor... works fine!)

best
    riccardo