queue  3
support

Thread: Cannot get home-slider image to correct size

Cannot get home-slider image to correct size

Home-slider is 1200x600 just like demo. Images for slide are 1200x600 but are "blown up" and oversized on home-slider at the top of my client's homepage. Adding custom CSS from other posts doesn't work. What do I need to do to see my images at their correct size?
    thanks

Please help me make the top homepage slider the same size as the images in the slider. Client has deadline for finishing this site and that's the last section I need to fix. thanks.

Does it have to do with jquery.backstretch.min.js ???? How can I make it not "stretch" the images in the Gallery. I need them to be a specific size. thanks, please help!

Hi, The home slider is a full width slider, meaning no matter what the browser width is, the slider will expand to fill it. You cannot force images in a full width slider to be a specific size. The will scale up/down to fill the full width. Next the top of the image is set at the top of the browser and whatever falls outside the section's height at the bottom is just not seen. So you can make your images wide with short height and they will be minimally cropped, but unfortunately with full width galleries/sliders, specific sizing is not possible. btw I'm seeing full HD images in that slider, so I guess you've changed image size since posting first. If you are using full HD size images for this type of a small section height, your images will get cropped badly in height.