queue  2
support

Thread: Page Not Displaying Properly

Page Not Displaying Properly

Hello! I have a page that isn't appearing properly anymore, and I have no clue what happened! It was working fine the last time I looked, but that was a few days ago. Any ideas? Thinking it must be something somewhere in the CSS?

The link to view the broken page: http://consume-media.com/video-services/

Thanks in advance,
    Michael

Hi, Your page is showing a jQuery error, which tells me that jQuery is not being found or is being loaded out of sequence. I notice your page is fully minified, compressed, etc to within an inch of its life, so you may need to examine that situation to see where the problem is occurring. Unfortunately our support does not include debugging custom changes made by our customers. I'd recommend undoing the whole compression/minification of the html page and see if the problem is still occurring. This would be a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Donagh View Post
    Hi, Your page is showing a jQuery error, which tells me that jQuery is not being found or is being loaded out of sequence. I notice your page is fully minified, compressed, etc to within an inch of its life, so you may need to examine that situation to see where the problem is occurring. Unfortunately our support does not include debugging custom changes made by our customers. I'd recommend undoing the whole compression/minification of the html page and see if the problem is still occurring. This would be a start.
    Hi Donagh, any hint as to how to do this? I did not alter the page myself, so I really don't know how to go about fixing it. Our hosting provider did send us an email recently showing that our page was ranking on Google PageSpeed as a 27 due to the javascript in the Visia template and suggested some steps for optimization. I have disabled the minify plugin that was installed on our Wordpress back end, but I'm not sure if this will fix it or not.

Any advice/direction would be GREATLY appreciated.

Edit: I'm also curious as to why only the video services page has been corrupted but the homepage seems fine? How should I go about hunting down the cause?

Thanks again Donagh!
    Michael
    Last edited by consumemedia; 06-13-2017 at 14:47.

Hi, Looking at your website, none of the javascript source code is working correct due to errors, either scripts not being found or jQuery being missing. I would undo all changes made to bump load speed. I would disable all plugins you have active. I would disable any cache tool you may be using. I've checked your other pages too and its not just the video services page. On all pages I checked the theme's js is not being applies, it just so happens that this make the video services page look worse than others, but this is just chance.

Make all of the reverts I mentioned here above and bump the thread and I'll check back again.

Thank you for your help Donagh. I've attempted my best to undo the changes and disable all plugins, but it's still busted. Has this made any difference at all?

I appreciate your tips, and I'm doing my best, but I'm pretty stumped how to fix it at this point. Any other ideas?

Hey Donagh, all of the js/jquery files were restored with original files, but something seems to still be disconnected somewhere.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Hi, Unfortunately there's nothing else I can do here, your theme has been damaged by custom modifications. I recommend that you delete it and install a fresh downloaded copy.