queue  15
support

Thread: Floyd theme not loading

Floyd theme not loading

So we purchased the Floyd theme yesterday, but we're having issues getting it to work. We followed the documentation, but when we view the homepage with the theme active, we see nothing but the loading spinner, which just loops indefinitely. We have imported the demo content, as prior to doing so the site shows a "fatal error" and won't display anything (I didn't document the error).

In addition to just using the theme traditionally, we've tried setting up a child theme with the exact same results. This is a fresh WP install, and the default twentyseventeen theme works just fine.

In troubleshooting this ourselves, we tried switching to a different template for the homepage, and we can at least see the page with the "Parallax" template enabled, but that's obviously not going to work as the theme was intended.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hello,

would you be able to share your website url where we can see the error with the loading spinner, hopefully that should give us some clues as to what is going on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ante View Post
    Hello,

would you be able to share your website url where we can see the error with the loading spinner, hopefully that should give us some clues as to what is going on.

Thanks
    cardinalwireless.net

Thanks
    please try installing and setting up this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/api-key-for-google-maps/

Google now requires an API key for new domains that want to use their Google maps. I believe that's the reason why it's not loading.

We've installed and setup that plugin (with a Google API) but the site still isn't loading.

Just as further troubleshooting since you suspected a maps issue, I opened the "Contact Us" sub page and the page loaded and the map is working properly.

Edit: loading the contact page individually got me thinking that I should try and load ALL the homepage sub-pages individually to see if they work and it turns out they all work fine except for the Portfolio page. I converted that page to a draft, and the homepage now loads just fine.

For the time being, this gets us up and running so we can start modifying the design, but I would still like to know what's preventing the portfolio page from working properly. If you have any further thoughts or suggestions, they would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by floydianslip; 02-07-2017 at 15:00. Reason: adding additional information

Hi,
    seems to be working now? You were able to figure it out?

Edit: nevermind, just saw your comment. Can you please create a new page with only portfolio and I'll take a look.